We have implemented filtering of outbound mail destined for Hotmail, AOL, Yahoo!, Gmail or other big providers in order to prevent shared mail servers from getting blacklisted. There are 2 scenarios which apply when your outgoing messages are getting discarded.
- Forwarding is set up in CONTROL PANEL from your mailbox to a public provider mailbox.
The messages is discarded (you are not receiving any bounce back) if one of the following checks has been failed:
- Subject contains the phrase Delivery Failure.
- Subject contains the word [SPAM].
- Spam score more or equal 7.
- Empty To or From fields.
- You are sending messages directly, without forwading.
If you are sending messages directly in most cases you will receive a bounceback message identifying your message has not been delivered. This happens if the message got a SPAM score more than 9. If you would like to know why the message got rejected exactly, provide Smarsh Hosted Services support with a full text of a bounce message.
Outgoing messages to public providers with SPAM score more than 12.5 are being discarded without sending you a bounce message.