These instructions are for a computer running Microsoft Windows OS. If you use a Macintosh, read the Knowledge Base article on How do I create a screenshot on Mac OS?.
To capture the entire display (full screenshot) - used when more than one window is needed, or if there are multiple monitors.
- Press the Print Screen (PrtScr) key on the keyboard.
To capture only the active window (partial screen) - captures only active window.
- Switch to the window you want to take capture of, hold down the ALT key and press Print Screen (PrtScr) on the keyboard.
To save the image
- If you have a graphics editing program (PaintShop Pro or similar) that can create .GIF or .JPG images, start it now. Otherwise, open MS Paint (go to Start > Run and type mspaint.exe and click OK).
- Paste the screenshot into the new picture, hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard and press V key. In most programs, you can also use Edit > Paste.
- Save the image to your hard drive. Give it a filename that includes a reference to your case number, CONTROL PANEL username, or other useful information.
To send the image
Once you have created your screenshot, you can attach it to an email message and send it to Support. If you are working on an open case, please attach your image file to your reply. If it is a new issue, please include a descriptive Subject for your message.