One of the options for using analog devices with VoIP services is to connect them through an Analog Telephone Adapter (ATA). This article will detail the requirements and steps for connecting your Obihai ATA 300/302 devices.
In this article, we will cover the following topics:
- Firmware Requirments for Enhanced BYOP
- Add device in CONTROL PANEL
- Entering the provisioning URL via web interface for Enhanced BYOP
While it's not always necessary, upgrading the firmware can potentially correct various issues during the auto-provisioning process known as Enhanced BYOP.
Polycom devices acquired from third-party sellers often have random or inconsistent firmware previously installed on the device, which means there is a chance the device's current firmware is too old to work flawlessly with the provisioning server.
If you find that you are unable to provision your device using the Enhanced BYOP, it may be beneficial to check the current firmware of the device, and update it if necessary. Below is a list of known working firmware for each Polycom device.
- Login to CONTROL PANEL and navigate to Voice Services > Devices > Setup your own device.
- Select the Brand and Model of your device.
- Enter the MAC address. MAC address can be found on the back of the phone.
- Assign a user and 911 address.
- Click Add device.
Instructions to provision an OBI300/302 (ATA) Adapter.
Please note that to make changes to any of the fields in the Obihai adapter, the checkmark under the Default row needs to be unchecked in the coresponding column that you want to make the change for.
- Plug in the power cord and network cable into the adapter. The adapter will begin initializing and the lights on the front will flash. To find out if the adapter has an IP address check the behavior of the power LED light
- Solid Green The OBi is operational and has an IP address
- Flashing Green The OBi is looking for a DHCP IP address
- Flashing Orange The OBi is upgrading. Do not unplug power
- To find the IP address of the adapater:
- Connect an analog phone to the adapter, dial *** to access the adapter's config attendant. When prompted choose option 1 to hear the IP address
- Run a network scan, please refer to article Common Tools and Downloads for a download link, and find the IP address by matching the MAC address of the device to an IP address
- Login to the device by navigating to the IP address found above and entering the default Username/Password: admin/admin
- On the left panel navigate to System Management > Device Admin > HTTP Client > Set the UserAgent value to "$DM-$FWV" > Click Submit button.
- On the left panel navigate to System Management > Auto Provisioning > ITSP Provisioning Enter one of the following URL's into the ConfigURL field > Click Submit button.
- Click Reboot button at the upper right hand corner of the web page to reboot the device.
- Once the adapter has rebooted to verify that the adapter has provisioned successfully, navigate to Status > System Status > SP1 Service Status > Under the first line Status you should see either of the following:
- Cloud PBX (2.0) >> Registered(server=64.28.XXX.XXX:6060; expire in XXs).
- Elevate >> Registered(server=72.53.XXX.XXX:5060; expire in XXs).
- Once it has been confirmed that the adapter is provisioned connect your analog device to the port Phone on a OBI300 device and port Phone 1 on a OBI302 device.