Create a ShareSync user for File Server Sync. ShareSync File Server sync requires a ShareSync user account to authenticate to the cloud and sync/backup File Server content. All the content selected to sync to the cloud will be synced to this user account. Admins can share content from this account with end-users using Admin File Management or by simply logging into the ShareSync web-app using this user account.
ShareSync for File Servers can be enabled on the CONTROL PANEL > Services > ShareSync > File Server Sync page. Click the Enable File Server Sync button:
Once File Server Sync is enabled, you can download the distributive file by clicking the Download button on the File Server Sync page. You can also disable the service:
The app has a Windows Service and a UI component. Windows service runs persistently across log-offs, ensuring that mapped folders are in constant sync with ShareSync. It supports auto-update. All subsequent versions will be automatically deployed to your file servers, retaining all existing settings and mappings.
Important: we strongly recommend against installing File Server Sync App in parallel with the regular ShareSync Windows App on the same machine as this may create a conflict.
To install File Server Sync App, run the distributive file and:
- Click Next in the first window:
- Accept the terms of the agreement and click Next:
- Wait until File Server Sync App is installed:
- Launch the app, enter your credentials and click Next:
Important: external users cannot login into File Server Sync App.
Important: there is a 1TB/user limit when using File Server Sync in conjunction with the Unlimited storage package.
Note: If you see the following 2FA prompt, this means that two-factor authentication is enabled for you by the administrator:
Read the knowledge base article on How To Use Two-Factor Authentication To Access Elevate or ShareSync for more information
- Either import (from AD) or create an AD user for each end-user lusing the Admin Control Panel. Each user should be enabled for ShareSync.
- Configure External Sharing policy for each end-user in the Admin Control Panel.
- Log on to the Web App using the user account used for File Server sync
- Share appropriate folders with individual users and groups.
- Either let users accept shares themselves or accept them on their behalf using Admin File Management. If you are accepting folders on behalf of end-users, you can choose whether shared folder content should be synced to the desktop or only available via Web and Mobile apps.
- Follow Desktop/Mobile app deployment best practices outlined in the Admin Guide.
- If File Servers Sync loses connection to the back end for longer than 4 hours, we may send a notification to the Admin. Email will be sent to the same address where all ShareSync email notifications are sent. Contact Support to enable this feature.
In order to share content, log in to the ShareSync Web App, select the folder or file you want to sync and click Share:
In the Settings menu:
- unlink ShareSync from computer on the Account tab: