All ShareSync files are scanned using Bitdefender Anti-Malware/Antivirus to provide more security and protection over user’s files. Bitdefender Anti-Malware/Antivirus scans files on upload and update. Scanning results are displayed in Web Client.
Account administrator can review and manage Anti-Malware/Antivirus settings through My Services > ShareSync > Policies > Security policy > Antivirus > click on Enable Antivirus checkbox > Save changes.
- After enablement, Bitdefender Anti-Malware/Antivirus will start scanning all the files in all end-users’ file spaces on the account
- If the Bitdefender Anti-Malware/Antivirus finds any file as suspicious/infected with viruses, the system will mark this file as infected and trash it. Important: Quarantined files are subject to your current retention policy for deleted items
- Users can find all of their infected files in new filter Quarantined files in the Web App
- User may mark files as ok or delete them
- Account administrators can view Antivirus events in the Audit Log
- If infected file is restored (marked as ok) by user, it is displayed in as regular file with red border on its icon with all standard file actions available
- Administrators receive 2 types of AV reports:
- Daily report – this report would be sent only if some viruses were found during the last 24 hours
- Weekly report – this report provides a list of detected infected files for the past 7 days
Note: External users cannot restore their infected files.
Update for False Positives
If you believe that a clean file was detected as infected, submit the request to Bitdefender to update detection logic using this link. You will be asked to:
- Locate the file(s) on your drive
- Upload the sample on Bitdefender online submit form
- The sample will be analyzed by the Bitdefender Labs and, if needed, the detection will be removed
- Click the SUBMIT button