All ShareSync files are scanned using Bitdefender Anti-Malware/Antivirus to provide more security and protection over user’s files. Bitdefender Anti-Malware/Antivirus scans files on upload and update. Scanning results are displayed in the Web Client.
Account administrator can review and manage Anti-Malware/Antivirus settings in CONTROL PANEL by navigating to Services > ShareSync > Policies > Security policy > Antivirus > click on Enable Antivirus checkbox > Save changes.
- After enablement, Bitdefender Anti-Malware/Antivirus will start scanning all the files in all end-users’ file spaces on the account
- If the Bitdefender Anti-Malware/Antivirus finds any file as suspicious/infected with viruses, the system will mark this file as infected and trash it.
Important: Quarantined files are subject to your current retention policy for deleted items
- Users can find all of their infected files in new filter Quarantined files in the Web App
- User may mark files as ok or delete them
- Account administrators can view Antivirus delete events in the Audit Log:
- If an infected file is restored (marked as ok) by a user, it is displayed in as regular file with a red border on its icon with all standard file actions available
Note: External users cannot restore their infected files.
- Administrators receive 2 types of AV reports:
- Daily report – this report would be sent only if some viruses were found during the last 24 hours.
- Weekly report – this report provides a list of detected infected files for the past 7 days
Note: by default Reports are being sent to the first SecuriSync admin created on the account, which is account owner. If you want to change the email address, to which Reports should be sent, contact Support.
Update for False Positives
If you believe that a clean file was detected as infected, submit the request to Bitdefender to update detection logic using this link. You will be asked to:
- Locate the file(s) on your drive
- Upload the sample on Bitdefender online submit a form
- The sample will be analyzed by the Bitdefender Labs and, if needed, the detection will be removed
- Click the SUBMIT button