Call Parking is a great alternative to Warm transfers; the caller is placed on hold with a generated extension number and can be picked up from any phone on the enterprise by just dialing the parked extension number.
This article describes how to use Call Parking with $unite Voice Services.
This feature allows calls to be transferred to one of a range of extensions by dialing #7 anytime during the call:
- 980-989, 1980-1989, or 11980-11989, depending on type of extension dialing (3,4 or 5 digits).
- Any user from the account will be able to pick up the call from any Hosted PBX 1.0 -configured phone.
How to park and retreive a parked call:
The process of parking a call is quite simple:
- Have an active call, incoming or outgoing.
- Dial #7 on your phone/device.
- You will hear an announcement telling you which extension your call is parked on
Note: Extension numbers 980-989, 1980-1989, or 11980-11989, depending on type of extension dialing, are reserved for parked calls.
- Tell your coworkers which extension the call is parked on.
- To pick up the call, you or your coworker dials the extension the call is parked on.
If no one picks up the call after 45 seconds, the call will ring back to the user that originally parked the call. They can chose to pick it up and advise the customer to continue holding (which will require a second park to occur) or press ignore to keep the call in the parked extension.