Users are individual service accounts that can be individually tailored to the needs of your employees.
Adding Voice Services to a User grants access to additional services and options like the ability to add and use VoIP hardware, assign a direct dial phone number and extension, access to their own personal voice mail, and a number of additional features packed in the service.
In this article we will cover the following topics:
- Navigate to the Users page and click the Create User button.
- When setting up the user information, make sure you select the Hosted PBX checkbox in the Services list to enable Voice Services for the new user.
- Enter the user's Name, E-mail address, and create or generate a Password.
- Adjust the e-mail address in Send Password,
- Click Create.
- The user will be created and you will be returned to the user list.
Note: You must Activate Voice Services on the user before they are able to use any Voice Services features or use any devices you assign to them; activation occurs when you assign a Phone Number to the user.
You can manage additional parameters of the User that you have created.
Navigate to Users and click on the user's name you wish to manage.
Click on the User Info tab to adjust general user configurations:
- Change the user's Name.
- Adjust their E-mail Address.
- Reset Password for their user account.
- Edit the users Password Settings; allow them to change their own password.
- Add detailed User Info, like First/Last name, alternate e-mail addresses, cell number, department, and other information.
- Set User Permissions; for more information see Managing User Permissions
- Disable the User
Note: When disabled, users won't be able to use any Voice Services features or devices. The data will remain on the server indefinitely and can be accessed again by re-enabling the user.
Click on the Hosted PBX tab to adjust Voice Services configurations:
- General Tab
- Change the Extension.
- Change or add a Phone Number.
Note: A phone number MUST be assigned to activate the user.
- Adjust the Call timeout for voicemail.
- Set Find me Follow Me settings, for more information see How Do I Set up Find Me, Follow Me on $unite?
- Adjust the Outbound caller ID.
- Change the user's Location.
- Change the user's Time Zone.
- Disable Voice Services.
Note: Disabling Voice Services will stop any billing going forward, for this User, and automatically unassign their devices, phone numbers, and clear their Voice Services settings. This cannot be undone!
- Voicemail Tab
- Change the Voicemail to email address, for notifications
- Update the voicemail Greeting
- Change the voicemail PIN
- Enable/Disable Autodeletion of voicemail after 90 days.
- Enable/Disable Voicemail Transcription.
- Enable/Disable E-mail notification, which allows additional options:
- 7. Enable/Disable Include voicemail transcription
- 8. Enable/Disable Include voicemail file
- 9. Enable/Disable Delete voicemails on server
10. Enable/Disable sending SMS notifications
11. Enable/Disable Mark voicemail as read after notification is sent
- Devices Tab
- Assign new devices.
- View current devices assigned and Edit or Unassign the device.
For more information on configuring Devices, see How To Activate Existing Devices