If you want to connect to your Exchange/OWA-only mailbox using POP/SMTP or IMAP/SMTP protocols, you can configure your mail client manually. The following instructions apply to Outlook for Mac 2011/2016.
Note: this applies only to Exchange mailboxes.
- Log in to CONTROL PANEL and navigate to the Services > Mailboxes page.
- Click the user's Display Name to view the settings for the user’s mailbox.
- Click Advanced Settings.
- Make sure that POP3 (IMAP4) checkbox is selected. If POP3 (IMAP4) options are not enabled, select them and click Save Changes button.
The same process applies to both Outlook for Mac 2011 and 2016 versions.
- Go to Outlook > Preference > Accounts.
- Click Other Email
- Enter your e-mail address, password for the mailbox and uncheck Configure automatically checkbox
- Enter your username (the same as e-mail address)
- Choose the type of connection: POP or IMAP
- Enter your Incoming server and Outgoing server names.
Important: to protect your account information, we cannot publish your Server names in the public Knowledge Base. Please log into your CONTROL PANEL to get correct settings under Home > Exchange servers and settings > Incoming server (Outgoing server).
- Check Override default port and enter the following port numbers for the servers:
- Incoming server: 993(IMAP) or 995(POP)
- Outgoing server: 25, 465, 587. Note: port 465 is blocked in Exchange 2016 environment and won't work.
- Check Use SSL to connect (recommended) checkboxes for both Incoming and Outgoing Servers
- Click Add Account
- Close Accounts window.
Note: it takes several minutes for mailbox items to populate Outlook account.