Microsoft is discontinuing support of Office 365 2013 client applications as of February 28, 2017.
Note: This will not affect the usage of Office Apps 2013, only the support functions Microsoft will provide. After February 28, 2017, the following apply:
- All 2013 versions of Office 365 client applications (32 and 64-bit) and all language packs will no longer be available for installation from the Office 365 Admin Center or CONTROL PANEL.
- Microsoft will no longer provide support for these versions of the products through Customer Service and Support (CSS) or Microsoft Premier Support.
- Microsoft will not release any feature updates for these versions of the products.
- Microsoft will continue to release critical and important security updates for these versions of the products until April 10, 2018.
- An updated 2013 version of the Office Deployment Tool will be released that will no longer support the installation of Office 365 client applications.
- Microsoft will not provide notification before implementing potentially disruptive changes that may result in a service interruption for users of the 2013 versions of Office 365 client applications. See the following Microsoft website: Microsoft Online Services support lifecycle policy.
Users who are running the 2013 versions of Office 365 client applications should upgrade to the latest version of Office 365 client applications to continue receiving support for those applications. The latest version of Office 365 is available in CONTROL PANEL or through the Office 365 portal and included with your Office Apps subscription.
Note: if for some business reason you would like to keep Office Apps ProPlus 2013, read the following Microsoft article for more instructions.
Important: you can use the link below to download Office 2013 ProPlus: download
To learn more about the benefits of upgrading to Office 2016 visit this Microsoft article: Why you should upgrade to Office 2016.
For addition information on the announcement from Microsoft, see: Support for the 2013 versions of Office 365 ProPlus ends February 28, 2017.