Important: to guarantee service security, we are enforcing high-grade encryption level for sending emails via POP/IMAP mailboxes. SSLv2 and SSLv3 are no longer supported. Verify that your mail clients/mobile devices are using the latest software version and that officially supported version of Operating System is being used.
Note: this article applies only to POP/IMAP mailboxes. To connect your Outlook for Mac to Exchange mailbox via POP or IMAP connection read the Knowledge Base article on Connecting Outlook For Mac To The Exchange Server Using POP Or IMAP
To configure Outlook 2016 for Mac to connect to a POP/IMAP mailbox:
- Open Outlook and navigate to Tools > Accounts.
- In the Accounts window click on E-mail OR click the plus sign (+) in the lower left-hand corner and choose E-mail.
- In the new window, fill in the following fields, then click Add Account.
Important: We strongly recommend to use the IMAP protocol instead of POP protocol as POP protocol is considered to be outdated and can cause the performance issues for your mailbox.
E-mail address: enter your primary email address (UPN) for your Exchange mailbox.
Password: type your mailbox password.
User name: enter your primary email address.
Type: select POP or IMAP.
Incoming server: you can find this information in the CONTROL PANEL > Services > Mailboxes > POP/IMAP Section > View Instructions button.
Outgoing server: you can find this information in the CONTROL PANEL > Services > Mailboxes > POP/IMAP Section > View Instructions button.
Note: if the port 25 is blocked on your network, you may use the alternative ports 465 or 587 for Outgoing server settings.
- Under Outgoing Server click More Options > choose Use Incoming Server Info in the Authentication field.
- Navigate to Outlook>Preferences>Account.
- Select the mailbox and then click Advanced.
- Uncheck the box to Sync all IMAP folders every minutes.
- Check the box for Use IMAP IDLE if the server supports it.
If you have an Exchange mailbox, read the Knowledge Base article on How Do I Configure Outlook 2016 For Mac To Connect To Exchange Mailbox? for more information.