The article explains how to connect Mozilla Thunderbird mail client to Global Address List.
Note: Smarsh Hosted Services does not fully support Mozilla Thunderbird mail client and can only provide Exchange server settings.
To access Global Address List from Mozilla Thunderbird, follow the step below:
- Open Thunderbird
- Navigate to the Tools menu, select Options
- Click on Composition and switch to Addressing tab
- Tick the Directory Server checkbox
- Click the Edit Directories button
- In the new window, click the Add button
- Switch to the General tab and fill in the empty fields as follows:
Name: Your full email address
Base DN: The full canonical name of the Active Directory Organizational Unit (Search Base)
To find out the correct Search Base setting, navigate to CONTROL PANEL > Home > Exchange servers and settings > Setup email client > Outlook for Mac.
Port number: 636
Bind DN: Distinguished Name of the user
Note: Make sure you replace AccountName with your actual Account Username.
- Check the box Use secure connection (SSL)
- Click the OK button to save the changes