ShareSync File Server Sync is an application that can be installed on Windows File Servers and is used to:
- Sync all or a subset of the File Server content to the cloud which makes it accessible from remote offices, mobile devices and easily shareable with internal and external collaborators
- Migrate File Server content to ShareSync in case you no longer require a File Server
ShareSync File Server Sync is a
- The local server will stay in place, then ShareSync will be used as backup and external sharing solution for a local file server
- File Server Sync replaces a local file server.
When you no longer require the File Server, the app can be used to migrate File Server content to ShareSync.
Note: ShareSync File Server Sync is a chargeable service. Visit your Account > Plan & Pricing page for more information.
The app is supported on:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit only)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (Windows Server 2012 Standard/Foundation is NOT supported)
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2019
Check supported Windows OS for ShareSync here.
Read the following Knowledge Base articles for more information: