If the User quarantine option is selected by Account Contacts, users will receive Quarantine Report emails.
When a message is quarantined, it remains quarantined for 30 days and then automatically purged.
There are three types of quarantine reports:
Daily Quarantine Report
By default users will receive the Daily Quarantine Report if they have received any quarantined items within the last 24 hours. By default, the Daily Quarantine Reports are generated between 01:00 and 03:00 AM server time. Frequency and timeframe of quarantine reports can be modified by Account Administrator and by end-users if they are given appropriate permissions.
This reports will allow the users to do the following:
- View - Will allow you to preview a quarantined message
- Allow - Will release this individual email and deliver it to your Inbox
The default Weekly Quarantine Report frequency is one per week on Monday and it is typically delivered between 01:00 and 03:00 AM server time. Account Adminstrator can select which day of the week the quarantined email summary is delivered to end-users and manage the delivery frequency by choosing between weekly or monthly delivery. End-users can modify it too if they are given appropriate permissions.
Click here to view instructions on adjusting the delivery of quarantine reports.
Email Protection generates separate Quarantine Reports for Distribution Lists. All members of a Distribution List receive quarantine report for this Distribution List. They will be able to manage the Distribution List's Quarantine Area via Quarantine Reports for the Distribution List.
It is possible to disable the Quarantine Reports for the distribution lists. To disable the reports for
- Log in to CONTROL PANEL as admin
- Navigate to Services > Email Protection > Settings > User quarantine
- Enter the email address of the Distribution List > click on the email address to access the settings
- Go to the Admin Settings > turn the delivery of the quarantine email notifications off
Read the Knowledge Base article on Email Protection: Quarantine Management In CONTROL PANEL for more information.
- Each type of Quarantine Reports contains a link to user Quarantine Area
- the link to user Quarantine Area from daily reports expires after 30 days
- the link to user Quarantine Area from weekly reports expires after 7 days
- server time depends on your Exchange domain.
EXCH082 - Eastern Standard Time (EST)
EXCH083 - East coast - Eastern Standard Time (EST)
EXCH083 - West coast - Pacific Standard Time (PST)
EXCH580 - Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
Other Exchange domains - Pacific Standard Time ( PST)