Q: Will someone come out to set up my phones?
- No. Smarsh Hosted Services equips you and your IT personnel with “plug and play” devices.
- We provide Onboarding services to assist you, over the phone, with an overview of your account and phone setup, as well as 24-7 technical support to assist you with set up.
Q: Can I change the outbound identifying number (“caller ID”) associated with my service?
- Yes. Hosted Phone Service customers may change the outbound caller ID for each of their phones through the Admin Portal web interface.
Q: Can I use an alarm system with your phone system and service?
- No. Hosted Phone Service does not support connection to alarm systems. You will need to obtain a landline from your local telephone company for the purposes of connecting your alarm system.
Q: Can the Auto Attendant take a message if all lines on my phone system are busy?
- Yes. The Auto Attendant comes with an online voicemail box. You may log in to the Auto Attendant to configure the system to direct callers to this online voicemail box. You may contact customer service for further assistance.
Q: Can I use a credit card Point of Sale (“POS”) machine with your phone system and service?
- No. Hosted Phone Service does not support POS machines like credit card devices or postage meters.
- Many credit POS service providers can provide internet-based systems that do not use phone landlines.
- If your POS service provider does not provide internet-based machines, you will need to obtain a landline from your local telephone company for purposes of connecting your credit card POS machine.
Q: Do the phones require a power supply?
- Yes. If you choose to use them with the wireless adapter, then one power cord supplies power to both the phone and the adapter.
Q: Can I use your phones wirelessly?
- Yes. We will need to provide you with the necessary hardware (wireless transmitters and adapters).