The article describes SharePoint login troubleshooting steps. User may experience one of the following issues:
Resolution: Clear up browser cache or use another one.
Resolution: Contact Support for resolution.
- If the issue occurs with brand new SharePoint site, reinstall SharePoint service in CONTROL PANEL.
- If he issue occurs on existing SharePoint site and reinstall is not an option, contact Support. As a workaround, you may temporarily use https://SharePointSiteName/_layouts/settings.aspx to access other subsites.
- If you have SharePoint connected through WebDav, you may resolve the issue by finding the default.
aspxfile and restoring it to root directory (it might be either moved to a different folder or to Recycle Bin).
- Try to log in from another browser. If works, clear up browser’s cache
- Verify user has appropriate permissions on SharePoint site.
- Verify user is not granted permissions several times, and those permissions are not contradictable (e.g. permissions are granted directly to and via Permissions Group).
- Re-add user to the following list: https://SharePointSiteName/_catalogs/users/simple.aspx
- Make sure user’s password is correct. Log in to My Services or OWA: https://cp.serverdata.net/Portal/ADUser/Login.
- Verify you are using correct user’s default email address. You may check it in CONTROL PANEL > Users.