This article describes the process of enabling the CONTROL PANEL Office Apps on an account. For more detailed information about included Apps read Microsoft Office articles on Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
Note: contact support to disable OneDrive.
- Enabling CONTROL PANEL Office Apps
- Office 365 System Requirements And Device Limits
- Running Office 365 Alongside Other Versions of Office (PC Only)
- Uninstalling CONTROL PANEL Office Apps
In order to enable Smarsh Hosted Services Office Apps login to CONTROL PANEL with your administrator's credentials and navigate to Services > Smarsh Hosted Services Office Apps.
On the product page click on Get Started button.
Note: It might take up to 48 hours to enable the Office Apps service. The Office Apps account comes with one Office license.
After the service is enabled, you can download the software package from CONTROL PANEL > Smarsh Hosted Services Office Apps > Resources
- Operating system: Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 7, Windows Server 2012, Windows 8
Note: 32-bit Office can be installed on 32-bit or 64-bit operating systems and 64-bit Office can only be installed on 64-bit operating systems.
See about choosing to run 32-bit or 64-bit Office at Choose the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Office 2013.
- Computer and processor: 1 GHZ or faster x86 or 64-bit processor with SSE2 instruction set.
- Memory: 1 GB RAM (32-bit)/2 GB RAM (64-bit) recommended for graphics features, Outlook Instant Search, and certain advanced functionality.
- Disk space: 3 gigabytes (GB)
- Monitor resolution: 1024 x 768
- Browsers: See what browsers you can use to get the best out of Office features at Supported browsers in Office 2013 and Office 365 ProPlus
Office 365 device limits:
- Up to 5 Windows or Mac computers.
- Up to 5 ActiveSync tablets or phones. Read Knowledge Base article on How to Sign In To Office Apps On ActiveSync Devices for more details.
Note: If you have reached the device limit for the Office Installation and need to deactivate one, follow the steps described in the article: How Do I Deactivate Devices Connected To Office?
You can install Office 2016 alongside Office 2010 or the 2007 Microsoft Office system on Windows 7-based or Windows 8-based computers. This configuration is supported. However, for the best experience when you start to use Office 2016, we recommend that you uninstall any earlier version of Office. You can find more information about installation of different Office versions on the same PC in this Microsoft article: Install and use different versions of Office on the same PC.
For more information on
To uninstall Smarsh Hosted Services Office Apps module from the account login you will need to unassign active licenses from the users first. Read our Knowledge Base article How To Manage Office Apps Licenses for instructions.
After all licenses are unassigned from the users you will need to reduce total amount of licenses on the account to 1. Navigate to CONTROL PANEL > Smarsh Hosted Services Office Apps > Licenses and reduce the amount of licenses to 1 and click Save changes.
Note: system will not allow you to set the amount of licenses to 0.
Once the amount of licenses is reduced to one, navigate to CONTROL PANEL > Smarsh Hosted Services Office Apps > Resources and click Uninstall Office Apps at the bottom of the page.