- This device is incompatible with Polycom phones because it does not have an option to change the DHCP DNS servers. This causes the phones to intermittently lose registration, causing call and feature failures on just Polycom phones.
- We confirmed SIP ALG is enabled by default on this device with firmware TS070659S_032114_MODEL_862_GW_CT.
- There is no option to disable it.
- This causes intermittent one-way audio at the start of calls, phones calls to fail to voicemail, transfer failures, and other strange phone issues.
- Purchase a Recommended Router if you do not have one already.
- Smarsh Hosted Services cannot setup the new router for you, but your IT or the manufacturer of your new router can help you.
- Call Comcast to bridge your internet gateway to your new router.
- Note: It is at the discretion of the ISP, whether or not they will allow the modem to be bridged. If they choose to deny the request, then the above resolution will apply.