- SIP ALG is enabled by default and cannot be disabled, causing intermittent phone call and feature failures.
- DNS server addresses need to be changed to set of efficient DNS servers, like Google's DNS or another DNS, to prevent intermittent registration failures on Polycom phones.
- Buy a Recommended Router if you do not have one already.
- Smarsh Hosted Services cannot setup the new router for you, but your IT or the manufacturer of your new router can help you.
- You will need to move settings from the old to the new router to ensure your computers and other devices on the network work properly.
- Call Comcast to bridge your Cisco DPC3939B modem to the compatible router.
- Login to the router.
- Click on Gateway > Connection > Local IP Network.
- Check "Assign DNS Manually" and enter:
- Primary DNS: "184.108.40.206".
- Secondary DNS: "220.127.116.11".
- Save the changes.