EOL NOTICE Netgear is no longer supporting ProSafe products as of September 2017. The last software update for these products was provided in April 2017. NETGEAR Inc. To complete the full exit from the product line, NETGEAR Inc. will no longer provide ProSAFE VPN Firewall software support or subscription updates for any ProSAFE VPN Firewall devices after September 1, 2017.
Support for these routers is best-effort. The final resolution may be replacing the device with a recommended router.
- Some models and firmware versions in this router series do not allow disabling SIP ALG, which causes intermittent one-way audio, phones loosing registration, only one phone or several phones not registering, call failures, and many other phone feature failures.
- Some older version models & firmware versions in the router series do not allow disabling DNS relay/proxy, causing intermittent registration failures on Polycom phones. The FVS318Gv2 and FVS318N do support disabling these features.
- We need more information on the FVS318v1, FVS318v2 and FVS318v3 routers with the latest firmware to validate if SIPALG, DNS Proxy and DHCP Relay can be disabled.
- Please contact Smarsh Hosted Services Voice Technical Support so we can better document other necessary changes that need to be made to these router.
- See FVS318N Resolution, which also applies to FVS318Gv2 below for more details
- Login to your router.
- Look through each configuration page to see if your router has the option to disable SIP ALG- this option is usually found under a Firewall or WAN setup page.
- Look through each configuration page to see if your model and firmware has the option to disable DNS relay/proxy - this option is usually found under a page titled LAN Setup or DHCP Server.
- If you router does not have 1 more or both of those options, then you or your IT will need to upgrade the router's firmware to the latest version.
- For some FVS-318 models, firmware version 3.0.8-12 does have the option to disable SIP ALG.
- Smarsh Hosted Services cannot upgrade the firmware for you, but you or your IT can contact Netgear for help upgrading the firmware.
- Contact Smarsh Hosted Services Voice Technical Support so we can better document other necessary changes that need to be made to these routers.
- Smarsh Hosted Services cannot setup the new router for you, but your IT or the manufacturer of your new router can help you. They will need to move settings from the old to the new router to ensure your computers and other devices on the network work properly.
Note: before performing the steps below it is imperative to upgrade your FVS318 with the latest firmware from Netgear. Smarsh Hosted Services cannot do this upgrade for you.
- Login to your router.
- Go to Security > Firewall > Attack Checks: Under WAN Security Checks
- Respond to Ping on Internet Ports: CHECK
- Leave all other options default
- Enable SIP ALG: UNCHECK
Note This must be your phones IP address range
- Under DHCP > Primary DNS Server: 22.214.171.124
- Secondary Primary DNS Server: 126.96.36.199
- DHCP Relay: UNCHECK
- Enable DNS Proxy: UNCHECK
- Inter VLAN Routing: UNCHECK
Note This may need to be checked depending on your needs
- Use These DNS Servers: Check
- Primary DNS Server: 188.8.131.52
- Secondary DNS Server: 184.108.40.206