- This gateway comes with SIP ALG enabled by default. Some revisions require a firmware upgrade to disable this setting.
- Some revisions and model numbers do not have the option to disable SIP ALG. If the router doesn't have an option to disable this setting, then you or your IT will need to replace it with a serviceable or recommended router.
- DNS relay/proxy is enabled by default, which causes DNS lookup timeouts on Polycom phones. That setting needs to be disabled to prevent intermittent or frequent registration failures.
- Also WAN Pings is disabled by default, which is an optional setting that is needed to allow the router to respond to our Call Quality Monitoring and Troubleshooting Ping Server.
- The DGND3700 is a gateway (modem/router) equivalent of the Netgear WNDR3700. It requires the same changes as most other Netgear routers to make it compatible with Smarsh Hosted Services service.
- See the article Netgear: Instructions For Many Netgear Routers for instructions.