This article describes the steps for enabling the ConnectID service and (optionally) two-factor authentication for the users under Services > ConnectID > Manage Users.
- Navigate to the ConnectID tab.
- To enable the ConnectID service for users, check the corresponding box next to their user name.
- To enable two-factor authentication, check the box next to the user name under Two-factor Authentication.
- To grant a user Application Admin rights, check the box next to the user name under Application Admin.
- Click Proceed.
Two-factor authentication is an additional authentication step for your users. Once two-factor authentication is enabled, the user will be asked to set up the Google Authenticator mobile app.
Read the ConnectID: Two-factor Authentication Knowledge Base article for more information.
In order to modify the frequency with which the users are asked for two-factor authentication on mobile devices and desktop clients:
- Navigate to Settings > Two-factor authentication settings.
- Choose the preferable frequency and click Save Changes
Note: a link to the Usage report page where the Two-factor authentication method used by each user on the latest login can be reviewed:
Read the Knowledge Base article on How To Track ConnectID Usage for more information.
In case the user has lost their mobile phone or deleted the Google Authenticator application and cannot log in, you can reset Two-factor Authentication:
- Navigate to Services > ConnectID > Users > Manage Users and click on the username
- Click the Reset Two-factor authentication button
The user will be prompted to set up Two-factor Authentication at the next login.
With the Application Admin role enabled, end-user can create new custom apps or edit existing custom app settings. Read the Knowledge Base article on ConnectID: Managing Applications for more information.
To grant or revoke Application Admin rights:
- on the ConnectID user page, check / uncheck the Custom Application Manager box and click Save Changes:
- on the Services > ConnectID > Users > Manage Users page, check / uncheck the Application Admin box next to ther user name and click Save Changes:
Administrators can view app availability for a user and manage their credentials on the Services > ConnectID > Users page by clicking the user name:
To view or edit app credentials available for a user, click Manage credentials:
There are 3 types of credentials avaiable:
Personal credentials - individual user credentials. Those can be modified:
- Group credentials - shared group credentials (provided to the user by the admininstrator)
- System credentials - credentials for Smarsh Hosted Services apps (i.e. OWA, My Services etc.) which cannot be modified
To add new credentials to the app, click Add new credentials and enter Login and Password: