Current ShareSync version supports Office and Outlook Plugins which allows it to interact with files created/opened in Outlook and Office.
Read the Knowledge Base article on ShareSync: Outlook Plugin for more information.
Right-click ShareSync icon in the system tray > Settings > Enable Microsoft Office Plugin:
Office will need to be restarted for the plugin to be activated.
Note: Desktop client has to be running. File locking is not available through the plugin. Instead, all files are locked automatically by the first editor.
- ShareSync files can be opened by navigating to File > Open > ShareSync.
- For new files or files that are not located in ShareSync, the plugin provides a highly visible Save to ShareSync option:
Alternatively, a file can be saved by navigating to File > Save As > ShareSync.
- ShareSync files can be shared with co-workers and external collaborators by navigating to File > Share > ShareSync .
- For files located in ShareSync, the plugin will provide valuable context in the toggle-able panel, including:
- File location in ShareSync; ability to quickly copy/paste file location into an email to collaborators
- File Size + Access Permissionss
- Ability to Share a file as a web link
- View and Open past versions of a file
Read the Knowledge Base article on ShareSync: Co-Authoring In The Office Plugin for more information.
Note: in Office 2019, ShareSync plugin might appear as invisible, or open in a separate window. To resolve the issue, open any Office application and navigate to Options > General and make sure Optimize for best appearance option is selected.