This article describes the process of restoring deleted files and folders in ShareSync.
When a file or folder is deleted in ShareSync, it is placed into the Recycle Bin and
By default there is no retention period for files stored in the Recycle Bin and the user cannot permanently delete files and folders. The account administrator can modify retention policy settings. Read the Knowledge Base article on ShareSync: Retention Policies.
To view and restore deleted files and folders:
- Log in to ShareSync Web Interface
- Click on Deleted Items.
- Navigate to the location where file or folder existed prior the deletion. Deleted files and folders have a distinct grayed out icon.
- Click on Restore next to the item you want to restore.
- When you restore a deleted folder, it will restore files inside the folder that were active on the time, when the folder has been deleted. Files that have been already deleted at the moment of deletion will remain deleted.
- Actions menu allows a user to permanently delete files and folders from Recycle Bin. If Administrator prohibited permanent deletion to be performed by a user, the option will not appear in actions menu. It can be modified in retention policy settings menu in CONTROL PANEL. Read the Knowledge Base article on ShareSync: Retention Policies.
- In shared folders, only Users with Owner, Co-owner, and Modify roles can restore deleted files. Only Owner and Co-owner can permanently delete files.