You can access your ShareSync content via ShareSync Web. There are several ways to navigate there:
- Via ShareSync app in system tray (you will be single-signed on, without having to enter credentials again)
- Through My Services end-user portal > ShareSync
- From the ShareSync Login page here
Note: If you see the following 2FA prompt, this means that two-factor authentication is enabled for you by the administrator:
Read the knowledge base article on How To Use Two-Factor Authentication To Access Elevate or ShareSync for more information
- Internet Explorer (10 and higher)
- Mozilla FireFox
ShareSync Web General Overview:
You can view and manage content of the following synchronized top-level folders in ShareSync Web:
- My ShareSync
Note: Desktop and Documents folders are empty if you have not enabled backup & sync of these folders on the Desktop app. Read the Knowledge Base article on ShareSync: Backup Policy (End-Users Guide) for more information.
You can also view detailed folder properties information including: owner, location, content size (both live and deleted), versions total size, amount of items (both live and deleted), created date, shared with, user’s permissions. To view folder properties, right-click on the folder > click Properties.
You may copy files and folders from one location to another. Right-click the folder > click Copy > select a destination folder > click Copy again.
Note: Only the latest version of the live files will be copied, so version history and deleted files will not be copied. Copy is available both for single file/folder and as a bulk operation. To select several objects use
- CRTL+Click or Shift+Click on Windows
- CMD+Click or Shift+Click on Mac
You can manage ShareSync Web view by using sort and filter options:
- Sort by Name, Date and Size is available
- Click Recents to display the last 20 files that were added or edited by the user. Files will be removed from Recents once deleted or permission to a parent folder is evoked.
- Click Followed to filter only folders you are following
- Click Deleted items to show files and folders that were deleted but can still be restored. Deleted items show up in gray.
- Click Quarantined files to view infected files. You may mark files as ok or delete them.
Along with managing existing files and folders, you can also upload new files and create new folders. Upload and download progress bar
To view the details, click on the arrow button.
Note: files and folders can be uploaded using Drag'n'drop mechanism. Folder structure is kept intact. Limitations are:
- folder upload using
Drag'n'dropmechanism is supported only in Chrome at the moment
- files cannot be uploaded into shared folders with View permissions using Drag'n'Drop
- IE9 is not supported
Uploads/downloads can be
Note: if you Cancel upload from the notification during the upload of multiple files:
- files uploaded before cancellation will be uploaded
- a file being uploaded during cancellation and all files after it in the queue will be removed from the queue
Downloaded files are saved to the browser Downloads folder.
You can perform the following actions with files and folders shared with you:
- folders: manage collaborators, follow folder updates, leave folder share
- files: download files, view and restore previous versions, lock files for editing, delete files (if you have enough permissions)