The article describes the following:
- Enabling ShareSync for an existing user
- Creating a new ShareSync user
- Storage Management
- ShareSync Admin File Management
- Log in to CONTROL PANEL and navigate to Services > ShareSync.
- Check the ShareSync box next to the username and click Save Changes:
- Log in to CONTROL PANEL and navigate to Users
- Click Create User button
- Enable ShareSync service for new user, fill in all the fields and click Create:
To check ShareSync Storage for your account, log in to CONTROL PANEL and navigate to Services > ShareSync > Storage Management tab.
Note: ShareSync storage is re-calculated once a day at 4.00am PST.
If the usage exceeds the package, additional storage is added automatically. To reduce the usage, files need to be deleted permanently (from Recycle Bin).
Note: shared data is assigned to its original owner, and is not counted in other collaborators' storage quotas. Example: test user has shared 5 GB to test users 2 and 3. Disk Space Occupied section would show test user has 5GB occupied, while 2 other users remain 0MB.
Read the Knowledge Base article Managing ShareSync Settings for more information about retention policies.
An account contact with ShareSync techical role can be assigned as ShareSync Admin. The admin can access end-user data (for decommissioned users or for existing users) via web interface.
Read the Knowledge Base article on ShareSync: Admin File Management for more information.