Enabling ShareSync for an existing user
- Log in to CONTROL PANEL and navigate to Services > ShareSync.
- Enable ShareSync service for a user or users and click Proceed. To disable ShareSync for a user, you need to uncheck ShareSync service.
- Log in to CONTROL PANEL and navigate to Users
- Click Create User button.
- Enable ShareSync service for the new user, fill in all the fields and click Create.
To check ShareSync Storage for your account, log in to CONTROL PANEL and navigate to Users & Services > ShareSync > Storage Management tab.
Note: ShareSync storage is re-calculated once a day at 4:00am PST.
If the usage exceeds the package, additional storage is added automatically. To reduce the usage, files need to be deleted permanently (from Recycle Bin). Once the usage is recalculated you can then set Additional Storage to Zero if needed. If you do not manually set the Additional Storage back to Zero, the storage amount used will not be reclaculated, which will result in additional charges.
To check Individual Storage, navigate to Users & Services > ShareSync.
Note: shared data is assigned to its original owner, and is not counted in other collaborators's storages. Example: test user has shared 5 GB to test users 2 and 3. Disk Space Occupied section would show test user has 5GB occupied, while 2 other users remain 0MB.
Read the Knowledge Base article on Managing ShareSync Settings for more information about retention policies.
An account contact with ShareSync techical role can be assigned as ShareSync Admin. The admin can access end-user data (for decomissioned users or for existing users) via web interface.
Read the Knowledge Base article on ShareSync: Admin File Management for more information.