Note: When configuring 15- or 32-button Consoles, phone firmware must be version 7.5.5 or newer.
To connect your Cisco Side Car Attendant Console to Hosted PBX you need to do the following:
- Obtain the IP address of your phone
- Press the Setup button (this button looks like a piece of paper with a folded corner).
- In the Setup menu, navigate to Status. Scroll to Network Status and press select to view the IP address of the phone.
- On your computer, open a Web browser and type the phone's IP address in the browser's address bar. You will see the web interface for configuring your phone.
- Open SIP tab.
- Set CTI Enable to yes.
- Switch to Att Console tab.
- Set Unit 1 Enable to yes and Server Type to Asterisk.
- Configure Speed Dial buttons.
- Click Submit All Changes.
To configure Speed Dial buttons use below as an example:
Unit 1 Key 1: fnc=sd+blf+cp;firstname.lastname@example.org;nme=102
- Replace xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx with your Hosted PBX server IP address. To find out the IP address, go to CONTROL PANEL > Users > click on a Dsiplay Name of a user > switch to Hosted PBX and do the following:
- Replace 102 with user's extension.
Note: for the Cisco 525G2 phone, when using the 15 or 32 button sidecar the phone requires firmware version 7.5.5.