This article describes how to set up a Cisco SPA 303 phone to work with the Hosted PBX service. Read the Knowledge Base article on Supported IP Phones for more information about the types of phones that are supported.
To setup a Cisco SPA 303 phone, follow the steps below:
Get configuration information
- Log in to CONTROL PANEL and navigate to Users > click on the Display Name of a user > click the Hosted PBX tab.
- On the current page you will see PBX Server Name. Click on Phone Device (e.g., Phone #1) to see Phone ID and phone Password. Read the Knowledge Base article on How do I configure an IP phone? for more information.
Important note: Each device has to be registered with the PBX using a unique Device ID. If a user would like to use multiple devices (e.g. multiple phones, softphone clients, etc.), the administrator will need to generate additional device IDs in the CONTROL PANEL. The administartor can add another device in CONTROL PANEL > Services > Hosted PBX > Manage Users > click on the Display Name of the user > Phone Devices > Add another phone device.
- Plug in the phone's power cord and network cable. The phone begins initializing and the lights on the phone will flash (this should take about 5 seconds to complete). While the phone is connecting, it automatically finds the local DHCP server and gets its IP address.
- Obtain the IP address of your phone
- Press the Settings button (this button looks like a piece of paper with a folded corner).
- In the Setup menu, navigate to Network > Current IP.
- On your computer, open a Web browser and type the phone's IP address in the browser's address bar. You will see the web interface for configuring your phone.
- Click Admin Login > Advanced.
- Click the tab Ext 1 and enter the following settings:
- Under NAT Settings set
- NAT Mapping Enable: Yes
- NAT MappingAlive Msg: $NOTIFY
- NAT Keep Alive Enable: No
- NAT Keep Alive Dest: $PROXY
- Under SIP Settings set
- SIP Transport: UDP (in case UDP is not working you can use TCP)
- SIP Port: 5060
- Under Proxy and Registration in the Proxy box, type PBX Server Name (as shown in the user settings in CONTROL PANEL or My Services).
- Use DNS SRV set to No
- DNS SRV Auto Prefix set to No
- Proxy Redundancy Method set to Normal
- Under Subscriber Information in the User ID box type the Device ID and in Password box type phone Password (as shown in the Phone Device Settings in CONTROL PANEL or My Services).
If you see an "x" on the phone icon on the phone display, it means the phone is not set up correctly or not connected to the server. Check that you have completed all the steps correctly, and if you are not able to resolve the issue, contact Support.
You may want to change other settings for the phone as well. For example, to change the name of the extension that is displayed on the phone display, go to the Phone tab, and change the value of Short Name for the corresponding line.
You can also set up Voice Mail button. For instructions read the Knowledge Base article on Configuring Voice Mail Button for Hosted PBX Devices.