Instructions below apply to Exchange 2007 users only. Exchange 2010 users: read the Knowledge Base article on Getting Started With Lync For Mac.
To connect Communicator 2011 for Mac to OCS 2007 server first you need to enable OCS service for the user: CONTROL PANEL > Services > OCS 2007 > choose the license > click Proceed. Click View Downloads and Instructions to download Communicator 2011 and to find the correct server name.
To connect Communicator 2011 for Mac:
- Open the application and navigate to Communicator > Preferences > Account.
- Choose Manually configure settings, type in the correct server name, choose TLS and click OK. You can find the correct server name in CONTROL PANEL > Services > OCS 2007 > View Downloads and Instructions (see screenshot above).
- Click Sign in and type in the settings:
- Email address: Primary email address of the user.
- User ID: type in Domain\Username. It can be found in CONTROL PANEL > Services > OCS 2007 > click Action next to the user > choose Edit User info:
- Password: User password.