Skype for Business Group Chat is a Skype for Business feature that provides chat rooms where you can have an online extended conversation with other people about a certain topic. Messages are posted in real time and are saved over time, so they are visible to current and future chat room participants.
Skype for Business Group Chat is not available to Exchange 2007/2010 customers at this time. Skype for Business Enterprise license needs to be enabled for the users who would need to utilize this functionality.
The article covers:
- Login to CONTROL PANEL and navigate to Services > Skype for Business.
- Choose a role for each user and click Proceed.
- You can access online control panel to manage Chat Rooms using 2 options. First option is from the CONTROL PANEL > Services > Skype for Business > click Manage Chat Rooms and enter Room Creator's email address and password to login.
- Second option is to access online control panel from Skype for Business client by clicking Create a Chat Room.
- In the Create Room window specify the settings.
- Click Chat Room button in your Skype for Business client.
- Double-click on a Room to start using it.
- Right-click on a Room and choose Follow this Room to follow it. You are receiving notifications only for the rooms you are following.
- Customize the notifications by right-clicking on a Room once again.
Note: you may want to start a conversation with more than one user, however you do not want to create a chat room. You can add the user to the conversation.