Original Article ID: 298
On the Fly Conferencing allows you to create a conference call instantly. Up to 7 people, including yourself, may participate in an On the Fly Conference. In order to create an On the Fly Conference, one of two conditions must be met:
- You receive a call on your $Company number.
- You place an outbound call from your $Company number.
Once one of these conditions has been satisfied, you may initiate a conference by following these steps:
- Touch #5. This step provides you with an outside line. All other parties will be placed on hold.
- Dial the number of the person to be added
- When the person answers the phone, either:
- Press #5 to bring all parties together
- Press #6 to drop the line you dialed and go back to the people on hold
- Repeat steps 1-3 until all parties, up to 7 total, have been added to the conference.
Each leg of an On-The-Fly conference will bill at the conference rate assigned to the customer's $Company number. In other words, a 3-way call has 3 call legs, and thus 3 x (Conference Rate) would be billed.
#5 Involving Multiple $Company Numbers
It is possible to #5 and call a second $Company phone number, however, you must wait for the other $Company number to route the call all the way to the Transfer Number, and the Transfer Number has to pick up and answer the call, before they are #5'd back into the conference.