Outlook add-ins (or mail apps) are mail applications that can be integrated into Outlook clients or Web. Usually, add-ins are developed and provided by 3rd party companies. Please note, that we can't provide full support to the 3rd party add-ins installed.
The client must be one of the supported hosts for Outlook add-ins. The following clients support add-ins:
- Outlook 2013 or later on Windows
- Outlook 2016 or later on Mac
- Outlook on iOS/Android. Note: Add-ins on Outlook for mobile devices can only work if the mailbox hosted under Office 365 solution.
- Outlook on the web for Exchange 2016 or later and Office 365
- Outlook on the web for Exchange 2013
How to install new Add-ins
- Add-ins can be added from either OWA or Outlook 2013 or later. When opening Add-in menu from Outlook, it will open a browser window and ask you to log in to OWA.
- To access the Add-in menu from OWA, click on the Gear Icon > Manage Add-ins (or Manage apps, depending on Exchange version).
- Click + sign and choose desired installation option, for example, Microsoft Office Store:
- Select necessary Add-in:
- You will see a pop-up that has further information about the Add-in. Confirm that you want to install it:
Note: some add-ins may be not compatible with your Outlook version. Also, some add-ins may affect Outlook performance, please check Which Plugins May Affect Outlook Behavior? for more information.