You may want the replies to an email sent to a different address than the one from which it was sent. In this case, the replies will be sent to the address you will manually put in the
Change reply to address for an individual email message
- Start Outlook and open New Email or use Reply, Reply All or Forward options for any existing email opened in a new window.
- Move to the Options tab on the ribbon and click Direct Replies To:
- In the Properties window that will open, change the email address in the field Have replies sent to:
- Now you will see that the button Direct Replies To is highlighted. The reply to this email will be delivered to the email address you entered in the properties.
Change default reply to address for all email messages sent from a specific account
Important: you can change reply-to address only if your mailbox is connected via POP/IMAP protocol.
Use our guide for POP/IMAP configuration instructions. For the information about differences between connection protocols read the Knowledge Base article on What Are The Differences Between MAPI, POP And IMAP When Connecting To Exchange Mailboxes?
- In Outlook 2010/2016/2019 go to File > Info > Account settings.
- Select your email address and click Change.
- In the opened window choose More settings.
- On the General tab you can change the Reply email address. When recipients will respond to your email messages, replies will go to the specified address.