You can manage the backup process of your mailbox in My Services. The backups can be created and restored. Also, you can schedule the backup service for your mailbox.
The availability of the service depends on the level of permissions you are given by your administrator.
- No Access: When you click Outlook Backup you see the Critical error page.
- Read-Only: You can observe your backups, but the same error appears when you try to backup the mailbox or restore a PST file.
Contact you administrator to grant you Full Access permissions to be able to manage your mailbox backups.
Click Outlook Backup to manage your mailbox backups and restores:
- If you click Backup mailbox you will be offered many options:
- Monthly / Weekly: create and customize a schedule to make the backup process automatic.
- One-Time: create a single backup.
- Full Backup: back up all your folders. You can select specific folders and date range when it is unchecked.
- When you click Backup Mailbox it will appear on Outlook backup page with the status Backing up.
- If you want to restore the mailbox data, select a backup that fits your needs and click Restore.
Here you can restore all backed up data or select a specific folder:
- The status of this backup will change immediately to Restoring: