Important: this article applies only
This article describes how to configure Skype for
- Navigate to CONTROL PANEL > Services > Skype For Business > Instructions > Skype for Business 2016
- Select 32-bit or 64-bit version
- Download and install Skype for Business.
- Automatic Setup: If Smarsh Hosted Services hosts your DNS Skype for
Businessclient can be configured automaticalyonce userenters his credentials.
- Manual Setup:
- Launch Skype for Business.
- Click Show Menu arrow next to the gear icon in the top right and select Tools > Options > Personal.
- Enter the email address into
Sign-inaddress field and click Advancedbutton.
- Select Manual
- Specify the server name, which you can find in HostPilot > Services > Skype For Business > Instructions> Server Name.
- Click OK.
Note: if you had Lync 2013 installed on your PC, you can install Skype for Business 2016 over Lync.
Note: For Exchange 2013 accounts on EXCH080, EXCH081,
For Exchange 2013 accounts on EXCH083 and Exchange 2016 accounts, use skypesip.exchXXX.serverdata.net
For Exchange 2013 accounts on EXCH084, use sip.exch084.serverdata.net.
Important: Skype for Business software is being downloaded in .ISO file format. If your PC is running Windows 7 or Windows 8, the .ISO file cannot be opened automatically, it should be extracted. Read Microsoft article on How to extract the contents from an .ISO file without burning the .ISO to disc. for more information.