This article describes common steps that should be done on Smarsh Hosted Services side for integration of your Exchange account objects like contacts and calendar items with third party CRM system.
Note: this article doesn't cover the billing integration.
The Exchange Server settings and requirements for your CRM system should be provided by CRM support.
CRM integration may require Autodiscover DNS record to be set up for your account. Read more in our Knowledge Base article on What Is An Autodiscover Record And Why Do I Need It?
- Create an Exchange mailbox with address CWadmin@yourdomain.com that will act as the service account.
- CWadmin@yourdomain.com needs to have full access to all users mailboxes. Administrator can grant full access permissions manually via CONTROL PANEL. For step by step instructions, read the Knowledge Base article on How Do I Enable Send As Or Full Access Permissions On An Exchange Account?
- In CONTROL PANEL create a Top Level Public Folder titled as companyID on the ConnectWise side.
For step by step instructions read our Knowledge Base article on How To Create And Manage A Shared Calendar In Public Folders On Exchange
- Set Publishing Editor permissions to Top level folder for CWadmin@yourdomain.com and your mailbox. For step by step instructions read our Knowledge Base article on Managing Permissions For Public Folders
- In your Outlook create a subfolder under previously created Top-level public folder titled ConnectWise
- In Outlook create a subfolder under the ConnectWise folder titled CompanyContacts
Grant Owner permissions for CWadmin@yourdomain.com to the subfolders ConnectWise and CompanyContacts
- Create an Exchange user with a mailbox that will act as the service account. This email address will be used later to grant Application impersonation rights.
- Contact Support to grant this mailbox Application Impersonation rights to impersonate users that should be integrated with CRM.
Note: Charges may be applied.