If your laptop is stolen or damaged, you can use PC Backup to restore your backup to another computer. You can also use this functionality to transfer data from an old computer to a new one.
Note: Once you replaced computers, you will no longer be able to perform backups on the old one. You will still be able to restore files from the old computer for a period of 30 days.
Important: You cannot perform this action if your new computer has a different platform (Windows versus Mac) from the computer you are replacing.
To reactivate the PC Backup client, download PCBackup client from the activation email or My Services.
- Log in to CONTROL PANEL and navigate to PC Backup.
Note: Users can access their files online in My Services.
- Click the Display Name of the user whose files need to be restored.
- On Edit selected user page (PC Backup tab) click Restores. You will see the page with the computer names and their characteristics in terms of PC Backup running on them.
- If you click the Computer Name it will show you the list of previous restores along with the properties:
- If you click Restore Files it will lead you to the files:
- If you select Browse you will be able to navigate in the folders structure and look for the file you need:
- When you find the file you can easily download it: