The current version of ShareSync supports the Restore functionality for both live and deleted folders.
Restore option is available for:
- end-users with Owner/Co-Owner and Modify permissions
for all 3 top-level folders (My ShareSync, Desktop, Documents) and their subfolders. Several
To restore a deleted folder and its content:
- Click Deleted Items under Filters
- Click Restore next to the name of the folder / file you want to restore:
There are 3 scenarios for content restore in the live folders:
- Restore content which was deleted after selected restore date and time
Example: file A was deleted on 1/2/2016. 1/1/2016 was selected as the restore date. File A will be restored.
- Restore the latest version of the file that was saved before the selected restore date and time
Example: file A was created on 1/1/2016 (Version 1 of the file). It was modified on 1/3/2016 (Version 2 of the file). 1/2/2016 was selected as the restore date. Version 1 will be restored, and all 3 versions of the file will be available under Versions.
- Delete files / folders created after the selected restore date and time. They can be restored from the Recycle Bin at any time by ShareSync Admin.
Example: file A was created 1/2/2016. 1/1/2016 was selected as the restore date. File A will be deleted
To restore content in the live folder:
- Select the file / folder to restore
- Click Actions > Restore
- Select the date and time of the restore and click Restore:
- live shares created before or after the restore won't be affected.
- renamed folders will have the names reverted back if you perform Restore.
- restore doesn't affect permissions.