Basic steps for setting up the Hosted PBX service:
- Add users (create users and enable Hosted PBX for them). You get as many free telephone numbers as many users you will create. All phone numbers above that quota are purchased as additional.
- Create phone numbers for your account and assign phone numbers to users. You may assign zero, one or more phone numbers to one user; you may assign phone numbers to Hunt Groups and Voice Menus too.
- Manage users' extensions. Eventhough the extensions are assigned by design when a user is created, you can change them as you like.
- Configure IP phones for users.
- Set up Voice Menu, Hunt Groups, and Music-on-Hold as desired.
After basic setup is complete, you can set up voice mail and Find Me, Follow Me for users, or allow users to make those settings in My Services. Read the Knowledge Base articles on How to set up voice mail and How do I set up Find Me, Follow Me (forward calls to another number)? for more information.
Additional steps for optional features:
- Integrate Exchange with OCS Calling.
- Port your phone numbers to Smarsh Hosted Services.
- Set up wireless phones.
To uninstall Hosted PBX:
In CONTROL PANEL, navigate to Services > Hosted PBX and click Uninstall Hosted PBX.
Note: Only the Account Owner can uninstall Hosted PBX.