This article describes how to use Instant Search feature for Public Folders.
Important: Instant Search is not available in Outlook Web Access. It works only in Outlook desktop client and when the locally stored content is indexed. Cached Exchange Mode should be enabled in order to have mailbox data indexed.
Note: cached Exchange mode has an additional setting to cache Public Folder Favorites. Read the Knowledge Base article on What Is Cached Exchange Mode In Outlook? for more information.
To enable Instant Search with Public Folder:
- Set Outlook to cache Public Folder Favorites:
- Navigate to File> Account Settings > Account Settings > double-click on the email account > More Settings > Advanced
- Check the Use Cached Exchange Mode and Download Public Folder Favorites boxes
- Mark Public Folder as a Public Folder Favorite by right-clicking on the folder > selecting Add to Favorites:
- Run search within the Favorites section of Public Folder tree in Public Folders > Favorites > select the folder > run search
Note: make sure that Current Folder is selected