This article applies to Outlook 2007 and 2010. If you are experiencing this issue with other mail clients, please contact Support.
The "Copy" prefix is usually added to calendar items when items are imported from a PST file or copied from another calendar.
To avoid this happening move items to the calendar instead of importing:
- Open Outlook.
- Open the .PST file (one that was imported) as an Outlook Data File.
File > Open > Outlook Data File (.pst)
- Switch to Calendar view and check the boxes next to both calendars to view them side by side.
- Right-click and drag the item from the pst file calendar to your current mailbox calendar and select "Move" from the menu.
- Repeat for every similar item.
To get rid of this "Copy" prefix, you can copy the script that is provided below and run it in Outlook. The script will remove the prefix however you could be still unable to edit the calendar items. To run the script that will remove the "Copy" prefix:
- In Outlook, select the Calendar folder.
- Press Alt+F11 to open the VBA editor.
- Expand Project1, then double-click on ThisOutlookSession to open the code window.
- Copy the code below and paste it into the code window, then Save.
- Click the Run button.