To have email messages that are sent to a single address go to multiple mailboxes, you will need to set up a Distribution List.
Distribution List is an Active Directory Group. Read the Knowledge Base article on Active Directory Groups for more information.
To create new Distribution Lists, log in to CONTROL PANEL and navigate to Services > Distribution Lists:
On the Distribution Lists tab, click Create New Distribution List:
Set up list names and addresses under Create Distribution List.
- In Display Name, enter the display name that you want to appear in the address book and in the To field of outgoing emails.
- In E-mail Address, enter the address you want to use for this list. Your primary domain name will be automatically selected as the domain. To use a different domain name, simply type it in and it will be automatically registered on your Exchange Server.
Note: If you want to change your primary domain name default setting, navigate to Services > Domains.
- Optionally choose the Organizational Unit from the dropdown (depends on your plan)
- Click Create & Add Members to save the Distribution List settings.
- You are redirected to a page where you can modify Distribution List membership. Add members to the list by:
- either typing their names manually and clicking the Check Names button
- or clicking Select users from Address Book button
Now all emails sent to this Distribution List address will be forwarded to the mailboxes, contacts and other lists you have designated as list members.
Note: You may add external recipients to your Distribution Lists. They should be
Note: It can take up to 10 minutes for a Distribution List to appear in Global Address List.
For more information on propagation time for the changes made in CONTROL PANEL, refer to our Knowledge Base article Propagation Periods For The Changes Made In CONTROL PANEL.