You can view and manage existing users on the Users page in CONTROL PANEL. The Users page lists the existing users and services enabled for each user. You can also work with users and service settings if you click the Settings button under the respective service.
This article has the following sections:
- User types
- Managing user settings
- Deleting users
- Managing services
- Using the Action menu
- Editing Multiple Mailboxes
The icon next to the user's display name shows the type of user.
- No icon - regular user. The user does not have any specific properties set. The user is active, but can be removed; user settings can be changed; services can be enabled or disabled for this user (See Example User in the screenshot above.)
- - SharePoint Owner. Once SharePoint is installed, all users can access the site, but only one user is the SharePoint Owner. This user cannot be removed. (See SharePoint Administrator in the screenshot above.)
- - Disabled mailbox. When a mailbox is disabled, the user cannot log in to the mailbox until it is enabled by the administrator. (See Former Employee in the screenshot above.)
You can set and manage user attributes and disable or enable services for individual users if you click on a user's display name. There are three blocks of settings you can edit for each user.
- General User settings. These are settings common for all users. Click on a setting to change it.
- Basic services. Use this area to enable basic services for the user. Once enabled, settings related to each service can be adjusted in this area. See the description of services in the Managing services section of this article.
- Optional services. Use this area to enable optional services for the user. Once enabled, settings related to each service can be adjusted in this area. See the description of services in the Managing services section of this article.
To delete users, select the boxes next to users you would like to remove and click Delete Selected Users button. On the next
You can enable or disable services for selected users by clicking the appropriate tabs. Once services for users are set, click the Proceed button. On the next page, you will see the list of users and services you are going to enable. Click Confirm to proceed with deletion.
- Exchange Server: On this tab, you can enable or disable Exchange-related services by selecting the corresponding boxes.
- Exchange: This service is mandatory to enable other services which rely on Exchange server.
- ActiveSync: Read the article on How do I enable ActiveSync service for the user? for more information.
- BlackBerry®: Read the article on How do I enable BlackBerry wireless service for the user? for more information.
- Encrypted Message: Read the article on Encrypted Message for more information.
- ShareSync: Use this tab to enable ShareSync service for the user.
- ConnectID: Use this tab to enable ConnectID service for the user.
- Skype For Business: Use this tab to enable Skype for Business (Lync) service for the user.
- SharePoint: Use this tab to install a SharePoint site.
- POP/IMAP Mailboxes: Read the article on POP/IMAP Email for more information.
- Email Archiving: Use this tab to add mailbox to Email Archiving.
On each tab other than the Overview tab, there is an Action menu available. When you click Action, you get a list of common actions you can perform for the corresponding user, depending on which services are enabled. To view the full list of actions, click the down arrow at the bottom of the menu.
To edit multiple mailboxes navigate to CONTROL PANEL > Services > Mailboxes > click Edit Multiple Mailboxes.
Select the necessary mailboxes by checking the boxes and clicking Select. You can manage the following settings:
- General Properties (Password, Phones, Addresses, etc...)
- Email Addresses (manage aliases, change UPN, etc...)
- Delivery Options (forwarding, access option)
- Distribution Lists
- Advanced Properties