Outlook 2016 supports Exchange 2010 or higher version. If you have Exchange 2007 mailbox, use Outlook 2011 client.
Note: Outlook 2016 requires Mac OS X 10.10 operating system or later. Outlook 2016 can be installed and used alongside with Office/Outlook 2011 for Mac.
Note: we recommend creating a new profile before setting up a new account. Read the Knowledge Base article on How Do I Manage Outlook 2016 For Mac Profiles for more information.
- Open Outlook and navigate to Menu Bar > Tools > Accounts
- In the Accounts window, click the + sign in the lower left-hand corner and click New Account
- In the new window, enter the email address and click Continue
- In the new window, fill in the following fields:
- Method: select Username and Password.
- E-mail address: enter primary email address (UPN) for your Exchange mailbox.
- User name: enter your primary email address.
- Password: enter your mailbox password.
- Server: only fill in the server if there is no Autodiscover Record for your domain. To find out the correct server name, navigate to CONTROL PANEL > Home > Exchange servers and settings > Exchange proxy setting. Use it to create server name of the format: https://west.exchXXX.serverdata.net/EWS/Exchange.asmx where west.exchXXX.serverdata.net is your Exchange Proxy Setting and west. or east. depends on your Default Exchange Server.
Outlook will attempt to determine settings for your Exchange account automatically.
If this is successful you will see a prompt as below. Check the Always use my response for this server box and click Allow.