Outlook 2016 supports Exchange 2010 or higher version. Outlook 2019 supports Exchange 2013 or higher version.
Note: Outlook for Mac is supported on the three most recent versions of macOS. When a new version of macOS is released, the Office 2019 for Mac Operating System requirements are updated such that the three most recent versions are supported: the new version of macOS and the two previous versions.
Note: we recommend creating a new profile before setting up a new account. Read the Knowledge Base article on How Do I Manage Outlook 2016 For Mac Profiles for more information.
- Open Outlook and navigate to Menu Bar > Tools > Accounts
- In the Accounts window, click the + sign in the lower left-hand corner and click New Account
- In the new window, enter the email address and click Continue
- In case server settings were not found automatically, Outlook will ask about email provider. For Exchange account select Exchange, for Office 365 choose Office365.
- In the new window, fill in the following fields:
- Method: select Username and Password.
- E-mail address: enter
primaryemail address (UPN) for your Exchange mailbox.
- User name: enter your primary email address.
- Password: enter your mailbox password.
- Server: only fill in the server if there is no Autodiscover Record for your domain.
Important: to protect your account information, we cannot publish your Server names in the public Knowledge Base. To find out the correct server name, navigate to CONTROL PANEL > Home > Exchange servers and settings > Exchange proxy setting. Use it to create server name of the format: https://west.exchXXX.serverdata.net/EWS/Exchange.asmx where west.exchXXX.serverdata.net is your Exchange Proxy Setting and west. or east. depends on your Default Exchange Server.
Outlook will attempt to determine settings for your Exchange account automatically.
If this is successful you will see a prompt as below. Check the Always use my response for this server box and click Allow.