This article applies to Exchange 2010 accounts only.
SharePoint 2010 allows you to let people outside your Exchange account access your SharePoint site. You can grant them the necessary access permissions just as you can for existing Exchange users.
To add a SharePoint-only user:
- Log in to your CONTROL PANEL Control Panel.
- Navigate to Services page and click SharePoint.
- Click the Create Users button, and fill in the necessary fields. This will create a new SharePoint-only user, if the boxes "Exchange Server" and "OCS" are not checked.
- If necessary, click on the Add Another User link and fill in the information as you did for the first user in step 3.
- Click the Create button.
- To modify settings for an existing SharePoint-only user, click on the user name.
To grant access permissions:
- Log in to your SharePoint site.
- Navigate to Site Actions > Site Permissions and click Grant Permissions.
- In the pop-up window, you can add users by typing their email addresses into the Select Users field or by clicking Select from Address Book. Here you can also specify the permissions for a user and send a welcome email.