If you are experiencing some issues with the Encrypted Message add-in, you may need to perform the following steps:
- Download the most recent copy of the Encrypted Message plug-in from the following link: https://pr.encryptedmessage.net/brand?act=&entp=&locale=&cat=Resource_Center&f=SMOL/SMOL22.html
- Check user status in CONTROL PANEL > Services > Exchange Mailboxes > click on user in question > Encrypted Message. As long as user's status is Active, you can uninstall and re-install the plug-in, and choose Activate my software now with the same Secure ID password which user set when Encrypted Mail was first installed.
If the status of the user is Locked, account administrator may Unlock it.
If the status is Pending, the
userdid not activate the software yet. Account administrator may Resend Activation Email and follow Step 2. Activate your Secure ID from the Knowledge Base article on Getting Started With Encrypted Message.
- Disable all plug-ins except for Encrypted Message (EWRibbonExt Class) in Outlook 2010/2013 > File > Options > (Outlook 2007 > Tools > Trust Center) > Add-Ins > COM > uncheck all boxes. Verify Encrypted Message behavior. If improved, enable plugins one by one to determine which one is conflicting with Encrypted Message.
- Make sure Outlook client is running in cached mode.
If the issues still persist contact
- Outlook version.
- Encrypted Message version.
- List of Outlook plugins.
- Encrypted Message logs. The Encrypted Message logs can be found on your local computer under Start > Programs > Tools & Settings:
- On Home screen click on ver 7.2.1 (or older) > Change log settings > select Debug from drop-down > Save Changes.
- Click on View Log File > copy logs to .TXT file and provide to Support.