You can perform a remote wipe of a device enabled for ActiveSync service. Please note that in order to successfully wipe the device, it must be connected to the wireless network and be activated for the service. You can perform the remote wipe from
Note: Remote wipe resets the device to factory defaults and wipes all data on the phone. Many mobile device operating systems also wipe all data on any storage card that’s inserted in the mobile device.
- Login to CONTROL PANEL and navigate to Users
- Click on the user's display name.
- Click the Exchange tab.
- Under Optional Services, click ActiveSync.
- In list of devices connected to mailbox click on Wipe next to device in question.
- In the confirmation window as shown in the following screenshot, click Wipe device to confirm that you would like to erase all data from the device.
- Login to My Services.
- Click ActiveSync.
- Review list of devices.
- Click Wipe next to device in question and follow steps 5 and 6 above.
- Login to Outlook Web Access using your primary email address and password.
- Follow the steps for your OWA version
- In OWA 2007: Options > Mobile Devices > Select Device in the list > Wipe All Data from Device... > Click Ok to confirm
- In OWA 2010: Options > See All Options > Phone > Select Device in the list > Wipe Device > Click Yes to confirm
- In OWA 2013: Settings > Option > Phone > Select Device in the list > Wipe Device > Click Yes to confirm
- If you are going to later activate a device that was wiped remotely, the device must be removed from the devices list. You can do so from CONTROL PANEL, My Services or Outlook Web Access. Otherwise, the device will be wiped again after activation.
- If you are going to reset mailbox password and wipe the device at the same time, please wipe first then reset password.