This article applies to Exchange 2007/2010 accounts only.
SharePoint 3.0 allows you to let people outside your Exchange account access your SharePoint site. You can grant them the necessary access permissions just as you can for existing Exchange users.
To add a SharePoint-only user:
- Log in to CONTROL PANEL Control Panel.
- Navigate to the Services > SharePoint.
- Click the Create Users button, and fill in the necessary fields. This will create a new SharePoint Only
user,if all other boxes are not checked.
- If necessary, click the Add Another User link and fill in the information for the next user.
- Click the Create button.
- To modify settings for a SharePoint-only user, click the display name in the list of users.
To grant access permissions:
to your SharePoint site. Log in
- Navigate to Site Actions > Site Settings > People and groups.
- Click New and then Add Users.
- In the Users/Groups field, enter the email address of the user that you created in CONTROL PANEL. Click the Check Names icon under the field to resolve the name.
- Fill in the other fields as necessary and save changes.