Password for the Exchange or POP/IMAP Mailbox must meet complexity requirements. These conditions are also applied to passwords for FTP and MSSQL login for Web Hosting and Custom Email accounts.
- A password must not contain:
- all or a part of SamAccountName;
- all or a part of the email address;
- the entire Display Name.
- Minimum password length is eight (8) characters.
- The password must contain characters from three (3) of the following five (5) categories:
- English uppercase letters (A-Z)
- English lowercase letters (a-z)
- Numbers (0-9)
- Special characters (e.g. ! $ # %)
- Unicode characters that do not fall into one of the above categories (e.g., a Japanese character or Russian letter)
Note: password complexity is enabled. Read the Microsoft TechNet article for more information.
Password can be either entered manually or generated automatically. A password meter pop-up checks if the password meets complexity requirements and determines if the password can be considered strong with the colored bars.