In order to generate a new encryption key on your BlackBerry® device, you need to have version 4.0 of the software (or newer) installed on the device.
To generate a new encryption key:
- From the Home screen, click Options, or click Settings > Options (depending on the theme you have running on your device).
- Click Security Options, then General Settings.
(If your device is running version 4.0 of the software, click Security.)
- Scroll down to the Service section and click the trackwheel.
- Select Regenerate Encryption Key.
- When you see the message "The key for service has been updated," click OK.
BlackBerry is a registered trademark of Research In Motion Limited.