Skype for Business/Lync caches files locally on a PC or MAC to pull information quickly and efficiently. Common reasons you will want to clear Lync cache include:
- You can't log in to Lync.
- Your Outlook and Lync integration
isnot functioning properly.
- You have issues with Presence.
- Your Contact list is out of date.
- You cannot search for users in Lync.
- Log out of Skype for Business/Lync.
- Delete any sign-in info (only in Skype For Business 2013/2016)
- Exit Skype for Business/Lync.
- Navigate to Users > username > AppData > Local > Microsoft > Office > x.0 (x.0 corresponds to the Skype for Business/Lync version: 16.0 = Skype for Business 2016, 15.0 = Skype for Business 2013, 14.0 = Lync 2010) > Lync
- Delete sip_profileName folder.
- Delete all files in Tracing folder. Do not delete the folder itself.
- Clear DNS cache: in Command Prompt run
- Log out and quit Lync.
- Go to Finder > press Command+Shift+G > type in /users/<MacUsername>/library > delete the following files:
- Caches > com.microsoft.Lync
- Internet Plug-Ins > MeetingJoinPlugin.plugin
- Keychains > all files beginning with OC__KeyContainer
- Logs > Microsoft-Lync-x.log and Microsoft-Lync.log
- Preferences > com.microsoft.Lync.plist
- Preferences > ByHost > MicrosoftLyncRegistrationDB.xxxx.plist
- Log out and quit Skype for Business.
- Go to Finder > press Command+Shift+G > type in ~/Library > delete the following files:
- ~/Library/Containters > com.microsoft.SkypeForBusiness
- ~/Library/Application Support > Skype folder
- ~/Library/Internet Plug-Ins > MeetingJoinPlugin.plugin
- ~/Library/Logs > LwaTracing
Note: if you cannot locate the necessary folder under Library, type in the full path in the Finder or Spotlight search.